Monday, April 11, 2005

And the answers are...

1. I own a pair of $400 Prada heels.

This is true. I got them for a steal from someone who'd worn them a couple of times.


2. I have slept with a white teddy-bear named Sherman for the past twenty years.

Yep.


3. I can play Debussy's "Clair de Lune" on the piano from memory.

It's so darn fun to play... so dramatic and romantic.


4. I love tuna sashimi (raw).

Yep. I like sushi, but the rice just gets in the way of that yummy sashimi. I especially like it with wasabi and a little soy sauce. Sorry Red Fish, I'm willing to take the chance once in a while with that stuff.


5. I have a tattoo in the shape of a tiny horse. Not saying where.

Nope. No tattoos. Wrong-Oh! I don't have anything against tats, mind you. I just don't happen to have one.


6. I have no bellybutton.

Believe it or not, Brett, this one's true. I had a great deal of excess skin removed from my abdomen after I lost a great deal of weight, and the bellybutton was lost in the procedure. I opted not to have the surgeon give me a new one... what's the point?


7. I currently have Will Smith's new CD in my stereo.

Lost And Found. That "Switch" song is just fun, people. I have broad musical tastes, okay?


8. I sang "Hey Jude" to my son to get him to sleep when he was a baby.

Yep. I listened to the Beatles while still in the womb, so I think I probably came out knowing all their songs. "Hey Jude" has always been one of my faves.


9. I love weird socks; in the third grade I owned a pair of knee-high socks with King Kong on them.

True. I have lots of unusual socks. And those King Kong ones? They were the bomb. That was the year that the movie came out (1976, with Jessica Lange) and I thought it was just too cool. I wish I still had them. If you click on the link to the movie, you can see exactly the picture that was on my socks. They were awesome, I tell you.


10. I played the oboe in high school.

True. One thing about the oboe... when it's played well, it's an exotic and lovely sounding instrument. When it's not played well, it's hideous. There is no middle ground with oboes.


=========

It's been raining buckets here since right after school got out, and I've been hard at work finishing up my project. I haven't been answering my phone (sorry Mom! I know you called... I'll call you tomorrow, I promise) because I'm trying to get this done. I wouldn't have taken the time to blog, but I DID say in the last post that I would be back on Monday, and I figured I'd better keep my promises.

Hey, before I go -- I looked out my kitchen window when I got home from school this afternoon and noticed that the neighbors' tulips are blooming. Made me all happy inside, I tell you.

No comments: