Thursday, August 04, 2005

Exams and registrations

Isaac had his very first visit to the optometrist today, and he's got great vision. I didn't think he had any problems, but I wanted to get him checked just to be sure. What we DID find out was that he has moderate red-green colorblindness. That took me by surprise, because I've never noticed it before. But he is Child #3, of course, and things like that fly under the radar I guess.

This afternoon both he and Alice had registration at their elementary school. Edmunds Academy of Fine Arts is open for one more year before it gets closed down. It's a wonderful school and I'm sorry to see it go away. I expected to receive a list of school supplies to buy, but I found out that some corporations "adopted" Edmunds this year and that all school supplies are provided. Edmunds serves a very low-income population in the inner-city, so it receives grants and donations pretty often. There were three corporations that did it, but the person I spoke to could only remember two of them: ING and WestBank. Heartfelt thanks to both of them, and I'll give credit to the other one as soon as I find out who it is.

Next week, Martha has registration at middle school. [shudder]

In the mail today I received my teaching contract (happy dancing!). That's probably the best news of the whole day.

This evening we're going to go shopping for backpacks.

No comments: