Sunday, December 13, 2009

A season of joy


While by the sheep we watched at night,
Glad tidings brought an angel bright.

There shall be born, so He did say,
In Bethlehem a Child today.

There shall the Child lie in a stall,
This Child who shall redeem us all.

This gift of God we’ll cherish well,
That ever joy our hearts shall fill.

How great our joy! Great our joy!
Joy, joy, joy! Joy, joy, joy!
Praise we the Lord in heaven on high!
Praise we the Lord in heaven on high!

This morning, the third Sunday of Advent, was "Joy" Sunday at church. We did "How Great Our Joy" as a choir anthem. I thought I'd share the lyrics with y'all. And I hope you've got joy in your heart this Christmas season -- and all year long, as well. There is much to be joyful for. Me? I'm grateful for friends new and old, a terrific job in a great school system, the best students on the planet, and for people who I love with all my heart.

No comments: