Thursday, December 03, 2009

Really?


Dude and I were none too pleased yesterday morning to wake up and see this scene on our back porch deck. When I opened the back door to take the photograph, he went out into it, then promptly turned around and trotted back inside.

Hey, at least we didn't have to shovel it. That and the bitter, bitter cold were the absolute worst thing about living in Iowa. I wouldn't have minded the isolation, even in the capitol city, but the cold just oozes into the marrow of my bones. Heck, I don't tolerate the cold weather here in Texas any more willingly. There's just less of it. If I had my druthers, I'd live on some South Pacific tropical island somewhere where I never had to be COLD. I'd never be able to get a tan, being reflectively white by nature, but at least I'd be warm.

No comments: