Saturday, October 17, 2009

The big game!

Okay, so the game result wasn't QUITE what we would've wanted... although it was not as bad as it could've been... but we had a nice time nonetheless.

I brought the yummy Pumpkin Dip stuff that I posted about the other day:

I added a lot of red food coloring, but that burnt-orange pumpkin stain is difficult to remove once it's present. [sigh] I did my best.

I also made a bowl of guacamole... but by the time I got a photo of it, it was almost gone:

I put six avocadoes in this batch, plus some cumin, fresh garlic, fresh onion, tomato, cilantro, lime, salt, and Cholula hot sauce. That's it.

I love guacamole! Rick went to a lot of trouble hunting down ripe avocadoes for this batch, even though he wasn't going to get to enjoy it because he was feeling sicky-sick and stayed home. So I made sure there was a little left over and I brought it home to him. Don't know if he's even going to be able to consume it, but I was thinking of him anyway.

Being sick is no fun. I actually pushed it a little too hard today, really... I am exhausted just from the drive down there and back. But it was fun anyway, and one hates to dispense with tradition unless it's absolutely necessary. We knew Pop and Mom wouldn't be able to celebrate with us, so we felt a renewed sense of urgency to keep up the normalcy of how things go in this family.

Miss Ava was quite fond of the gingersnaps (wearing them AND eating them):


And we made the traditional Giant OU Cookie:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-YOU!! We love our Sooners!!

No comments: