Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Got Shot?

Got my flu shot this afternoon. It was the first day it was available in this area, and I absolutely do NOT want to get the flu... not this year, not any year.

It doesn't protect against the H1N1, but I, too, have heard the bad stuff floating around about the impending H1N1 vaccine -- that it's not been sufficiently tested, that it can make me sicker than if I actually got the H1N1 flu, etc. I still don't know if I'll take the H1N1 shot when it becomes available.

Nevertheless, I figured it was better safe than sorry with regard to the regular old seasonal flu thing, so I went to the CVS near my mom's house, where they have one of those cool MinuteClinics and a nurse on duty who dispenses those lovely flu shots. She did a great job; I hardly felt it at all.

Usually I treat myself to a flu shot for my birthday in November. I'm considering this a very early birthday present this year.

Plus, I am forming the germ of an idea for what I want to do for my actual birthday in November... and it involves the two smolderingly-hottest actors known to womankind. More information will follow as the idea develops.

No comments: