Monday, August 31, 2009

Me & my teacher pals at the Smithsonian

The Smithsonian's photographer posted this pic on their Flickr account, so I grabbed it to use here. This is the group of teachers who participated in the Clarice Smith American Art Education Initiative this summer at the Smithsonian American Art Museum. That's me standing (yes, I'm standing) on the back row, third from the right.

What an awesome and wonderful experience that was. I don't want it to be the last; I'm scouring the Smithsonian web sites frequently to see what they're offering in the way of continuing ed for teachers. I mean, why not? Might as well do cool stuff, since I have to do continuing ed anyway. Wasting time on stuff I personally don't need like Classroom Discipline -- not anymore, dude. I'm going for the big stuff. Life's too short.

No comments: