Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday weariness

I'm getting closer to having my classroom in a workable state. Rick came up today and installed my pull-down screen and covered the chalkboards with sheets of foam insulation to make them into display boards. I've got a whiteboard now, which will be immensely more useful. Chalkboards are worthless wastes of valuable wall space.

I turned in a PO for a projector. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me.

Tomorrow morning Alice checks in at the EMU at Children's Hospital in Dallas. That's the acronym for Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. We had to schedule it now because my health insurance is about to turn over to a new year and we'll suddenly be stuck with a humongous bill we can't pay if we wait until after then. Plus, this way she'll hopefully be out of the EMU by Sunday and won't miss the first day of school.

Normally, I go to the EMU with her when she goes, but because I'm already in school, and because Rick is unemployed, it seemed best that he go and stay with her. I'll go down there on Friday afternoon after I'm done with school and stay with her that night; we're hoping that Saturday she gets to go home.

Oh, hey... I took some Sudafed this morning and again this afternoon, and had my first headache-free day in a week. Yay!!

I am plumb wore-out tonight. I'm going to bed now.

No comments: