Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy (almost) Birthday, Buddy-Boy!!

My son's going to be officially a whole decade old come next Monday. Because of Pop's cancer treatments schedule, though, we bumped up the birthday party a few days:

pix 007

Handsome lil' guy, ain't he? I've always told him that he was the cutest little boy I ever saw in my whole life. Hey, I'm honest. And it's true. From the moment I laid eyes on that baby boy, I knew I was smitten beyond help.

And he managed to blow out every candle in one breath:

pix 008

Poof!! Nothin' wrong with THOSE lungs.

Here's the obligatory YoHo photo. Please understand -- I have just spent all day engaged in my favorite pastime: inservice meetings. Then I spent several hours working in my classroom. All of this occurred from eight AM until I left school at 7:30PM. I look like I've been chewed up and spit out. But I can still smile, because my kid's TEN YEARS OLD (almost):

pix 010

Like I said, it's been a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad hair day for me.

But it ain't about me.

MY BABY IS TEN.

MY BABY BOY.

This kinda hits me hard.

No comments: