Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tasty, rich stew

I bought a small whole smoked turkey through my school's FFA program. Yesterday I sliced it all up and put the meat in the fridge to be consumed, then took the rest of the carcass and put it into the crockpot along with a large bottle of cabernet sauvignon.

That was it, just chicken carcass and cabernet. I let it simmer on Low for about twelve hours or so, then strained out all the bits and pieces and put the stock back into the crockpot. I chopped up a couple of cups of the smoked turkey meat that I had previously cut off the carcass and added it back in, along with a can of coconut milk, a couple of cans of water, and two crushed-up packages of Ramen noodles (with the seasoning packets). I put that back on High and then served it up when the noodles got soft.

YUM! It's extremely rich, but quite tasty.

No comments: