Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Great... now I have even MORE guilt...

Tomorrow, Dude comes home from the vet.

No, he wasn't being fixed. He was fixed months ago.

I really didn't want to have to break down and do this, but he really has left me with no options.

We had to have him de-clawed.

[hanging head in guilty shame]

I know, I know. It's cruel. I feel awful. But even though I picked out the new furniture with him in mind, he has still managed to leave marks on the arm of the recliner. I won't spend that much money to have it ruined.

He'll just have to get over it.

[sigh]

I am really sorry... I know there are cat-lovers out there cringing and judging... but it's just how it had to be.

Please forgive me. We really are rather good to him, and he's a sleek, fat, happy kitteh. It's just that now he'll also be a velveted kitteh.

No comments: