Monday, August 18, 2008

It's Tuesday and it's raining

Blessed rain came today and is forecast for the next few days as well. We sure do need it. But it also makes for a very humid living environment in a house with the windows open. I've all but given up on my hair at this point, I think.

Today was the first day back at school, with the requisite horrible boring meetings that I hate and that waste my time. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate meetings? I think I did once or twice. There's only so much doodling I can stand to do before I just can't sit there and take it anymore.

Our internet and TV is still on at the old house, though, so I had to drive over here on the pretense of getting a few necessary items so I could check my e-mail and watch The Closer. Plus, it's dry inside this house.

The new house still smells horrible. I'm quite sure it's the soured carpets. We have GOT to get those nasty floors out of there and replace them with hardwood or laminate or something. Why do some people think it's okay to destroy a place and let it get this bad? Although it's the only way we could've afforded this much space... but still! Do we have to be completely disgusting? Really?

I really wanted out of the Pink Carpet Castle, but I really REALLY hate moving and not knowing where anything is. I'll be glad when this part is over and things settle down. Yeah, I know -- I'm delusional. Things will never settle down. [sigh] I can dream, no?

No comments: