Saturday, May 05, 2007

Ten Habits of Fat Women?

Okay, so this site out there is listing ten habits that fat women have. Funny, but I only have ONE of these habits:

1. Mindless eating -- guilty as charged.
2. Crash dieting -- pfft! I hate dieting of any kind. Diets make me resentful and irritable. Why spend life angry? I'd rather be fat and happy than fat and angry, and there don't seem to be other options for me than those two.
3. No breakfast -- I don't eat a LOT at breakfast, but I do try to eat a teeny bit of something.
4. Exercises but eats junk food -- I hate exercise AND I hate junk food.
5. Takes the wrong supplements -- I take a One-A-Day multi and a Citracal. None of those dumb "fat-burner" pills for me. I hate wasting money.
6. Expects quick weight loss -- I don't expect ANY weight loss, because I don't CARE.
7. Doesn't record her progress -- I suppose I might be guilty of this one except, again, I DON'T CARE.
8. Cuts carbs and fat from her diet -- My options are so limited as it is, why limit them further?
9. Weighs herself constantly -- Numbers have been the source of far too much pain and anguish throughout my forty years. I had to abandon all association with numbers of any kind, particularly any numbers which also carry judgment with them. It's just not worth it to me. I've already suffered enough, and I'm still fat. At some point I have to take my losses and move on.
10. Buys low-fat products -- GAG! Those things are full of sugar and taste nasty anyway. Better to eat a small amount of something with fat in it than eat tons of low-fat crap.

I have spent most of my life on some kind of diet OR putting my body through extreme pain and suffering under the knives of surgeons. When does it get to be enough? When can I just go on and enjoy other things that bring me happiness and quit obsessing about something I obviously have little control over?

That time has come and gone for me.

If you're still dieting, go for it. I'm not here to tell you what to do. You need to do what's peaceful for you and your own body. For me, for now, I'm at peace with my appearance. That's all I can wish for anyone, anywhere -- to be at peace.

No comments: