Saturday, May 05, 2007

Anticipation... it's makin' me wait... keepin' me way-yay-yay-yay-yayitin'...

The North Ruralville One-Act Play contestants should be hearing their results in 30-45 minutes. I came back to the hotel with my own kidlets because there were enough adult sponsors now AND because my kids need SLEEP.

I, on the other hand, can't sleep. I want to know how they did, dagnabbit. One-Act Play sure does run late into the night; apparently this is normal for actors. It's certainly normal for gigging musicians, although most of the high school music contests seem to occur in the morning and are finished by noon.

I watched our guys do their play and was astounded at just how farkin' GOOD they were. They managed to pull off Theatre of the Absurd as high school students... I can't begin to imagine how Gammon coached them, but he did a doggone good job of it. Those kids and that play are amazing.

Even if they don't win or even place (which will frankly shock me), they've done something pretty special just making it to State Contest. I'm really proud of them.

UPDATE: Third of eight. Or, rather, how many 1A schools in Texas were there? Third among THAT MANY. Not too shabby in the grand scheme of things.

No comments: