Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What will they think of next?

I'm going to Quebec on a mission trip in April, and my ability to speak French is rather dismal, so I have been trying to pick up whatever "Learn French Online" free web sites I can find. Last night I was browsing iTunes' podcasting directory and... behold, there was a podcast entitled French PodClass, and it's a podcast that teaches you to speak French! Okay, so it's a guy named Sebastien who lives in France and he speaks English and teaches you French words and phrases, then plays some French music. It isn't much, but it's free, and it's kinda fun to listen to. I am having a mental block with French; I don't know if it's just that the pronunciations don't make sense to me, or if I just have a personal aversion to anything French... but I have a terrible time with it. I have a feeling I'm going to slip into Haitian Kreyol without realizing it.

Bonjour. J'm'appelle Kris.

That's about all I can remember right now. [sigh]

No comments: