Monday, March 06, 2006

One of the up-sides

One of the occasional perqs of being the teacher of the students with severe behavior disorders is that once in a while they all decide they don't really want to be there, and they begin to do whatever it takes to get thrown out of school for the rest of the day. After first period, I had no more students because the others got sent home for being excessively disorderly and using profuse profanity. Just because my classroom is for kids with BD doesn't mean I have to put up with stuff like that. The interventionist and the VPs agreed with me and booted them out.

Which meant that I was given a lovely gift of a whole rest of the day to get my old desk cleaned out and my little corner cleared.

Now I feel like an overcooked noodle; I am definitely still sick. I hate losing a war with a rhinovirus.

No comments: