Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!!

For the third week in a row, worship (from my point of view, on stage, behind the keyboards) went spectacularly well. Everything just felt right, the music worked and there weren't any weird hitches or hiccups to throw anyone off track. Well, there was the stray drumstick incident, but it missed my head, so we're okay. A.J. swears he wasn't aiming at me. I'll take his word for it, for now anyway.

I didn't get to hear any feedback, so I don't know if it was as good for the people listening (!LOL!). Y'know, I've said this a million times before, but it's still true: I absolutely love my church and I love the people I work with. I am happiest when I am playing a support role to singers and instrumentalists.

One of the songs we did this morning was one we've done a few times over the past year and a half since I first came, but it's one that I've never quite spent the time listening closely to the original CD version. It was one that I could approximate well enough that none of us worried about it too much. This week, though, Jeff wanted me to actually listen to the original more closely and see if I could replicate it. It wasn't something I could just do after listening once or twice -- which, if I'm going to be truthful, was frustrating to me because I like for things to be easy. But I really wanted to get it right, so I loaded it onto the iPod and listened to it over and over and over and over and over and over again, cementing the correct sequence of notes into my mind while I worked on other things. This morning I was able to get it right -- yay!

Tomorrow I'm back in the FunHouse. Pray for me.

No comments: