Thursday, June 16, 2005

Happy place!!!




I found a happy place! Or rather, it found me. You see, I carry around in my purse a little memo book, a handy-dandy-notebook if you will, where I can write things that I think about. Kind-of a "blogging unplugged," I suppose. But in it I write poetry and stuff that God tells me... very personal, I don't really share that with people. But last week I gingerly lent it to Jeff to see if anything in it was worth putting into song lyrics. Then he left on a trip to south Texas and I didn't see him for a week.

Tonight we were going to be practicing for an upcoming Romans Road gig, and he called me to tell me he'd be a couple of minutes late because he forgot his building keys. "And just wait 'til you hear what you did," he said.

I felt sick, thinking I'd said something to upset someone or get someone in trouble. "You can't do that. You have to tell me. What did I do?!?!?"

"No, you'll have to wait to hear it," he said. I could tell he was smiling, though, so I felt a little more relieved. I couldn't possibly hope he'd already written a song, though! But that's exactly what he had done. When he arrived, he played for me a song he had written using one of my poems.

I really have no words to describe how happy I was when he played that for me, or how beautiful the song is. I can't wait for you all to hear it.

No comments: