Thursday, June 16, 2005

Will You Marry Me?



This fellow wants a wife... enough to put up a website about it. He's a local boy (well, from Omaha, a couple of hours away, but close enough). No, I don't know him. Never met him. I just found out about his story, and I thought I'd do my part to spread the word. He seems nice enough, actually... unconventional, perhaps, but nice.

Here's what he has to say about himself:
I am a Christian, pure and simple, (but I am not, an average Christian). I say that with no reservations or regrets. God has been very good to me in spite of my short-comings and downfalls. I work to build my faith daily and it pays great dividends. I have also learned that God is beginning to call "His Church" out of "The Church".

Personally, I had been deceived for most of my life by "Preachers" and "Self-Righteous Bible Thumpers" that don't tell the whole truth of God's Word. It's no wonder people get so complacent about going to church. They don't understand the bigger picture and are never properly taught the truth which breaks my heart. If the whole truth was coming from the pulpit as it's supposed to, then we wouldn't have 10% of the problems in this country that we have because American's wouldn't stand for it.

While this may sound rather harsh, I am an honest man and I generally don't pull punches especially on critical issues. I prefer for people to tell me what I MUST know, rather than what they want me to hear. It upsets me when people try to "sugar-coat" things. Tell me the facts or get out of my face. Life is to short to play head-games.

Take this site for instance; many are wondering why I would do this. The answer is actually quite simple: I'm not into bars, I have a tight social circle, I work a lot, and it takes me a long time to get to know someone to trust them. My play time is rare. I guess that's why I let my hair down so much when I have a chance to, (especially if I don't have to drive home).

I can be an awful lot of fun if the right people are around me to bring it out. However, I can also be rather reserved in situations that demand my full attention. By nature, I'm a pretty laid-back kind of guy. I'm not demanding, jelous, or possesive. The reason is that I look at women as a gift from God. We don't own them, he does. If a woman is going to skrew around on you, there's no way to stop it, you just do your best to work it out or let her go and find someone more dedicated if you can. Fighting isn't going to settle anything.

When I was little, I was raised by my Grandparents. When they had problems, they sat down at the kitchen table and wouldn't go to bed until they worked it out. Only once did I ever hear them raise their voice to each other. Screaming and cursing was not allowed. When I get married, I intend to emulate that behavior with my spouse to the best of my ability and I will expect her to do the same in return.

In regards to my character, my belief is simple: Good character is more to be praised than outstanding talent. Most talents are, to some extent, a gift. Good character, by contrast, is not given to us. We have to build it piece by piece - by thought, choice, courage and determination. Are you getting an adequate picture of me?

For about the last 8 and a half years, I have been asking the hard questions that the average American won't ask. It's been enlightening to say the least. Why would I do this? That's a story in and of itself and when I get to know you better, I'll share it with you but, until then, please don't ask. However, I'll offer you this; I may end up in a public speaking carrer because of it.

Presently, I am a long-haul trucker. I work for an owner-operator and am leased on to a small company in Omaha, NE. I am a licensed Haz-Mat carrier with 48 state authority. I am out an average of 7-14 days then home until I'm ready to leave again. It's not glorious but it's an honest living that pays the bills and allows me to enjoy some of the nicer things in life.

Something that has always amazed me in life is how mates always seem to put each other down. Silly little cracks about each other to their freinds, family, etc. Personally, I'm not so ridiculously stupid and degrading to call my wife or girlfreind my "Old Lady". I think it's insulting and certainly don't want to be called somebody's "Old Man". I have more respect for people than that and expect it in return.

I am often told how sweet I am by women, (with boyfreinds), when I tell them how beautiful they are. Well, I've always believed in complimenting people and trying to build people up instead of tear them down like so many others do. I can usually tell if someone is down in the dumps and always try to say something that will make them feel better. I have compassion for homeless people and the down-trodden in our society and try to always be mindful of my blessings and not focus on the irritations of life. Now don't get me wrong, I blow a gasket every once in awhile like anyone else but I do my best to maintain my integrity on a daily basis.

If you are wondering if I drink or smoke, the answer to both questions is yes. However, I am not a bar person and have been known to quit drinking for extended periods of time on a whim, (I am not a drunk). Also, I plan to quit smoking very soon and when I do, then I may delete this section altogather. Besides, quiting smoking really isn't that hard if you know how, (I've done it before). But I confess; a little motivation goes a long way.

As a human being, I have downfalls and short-comings. I am not perfect.

My favorite sport is Hockey but I like to throw around a football or baseball from time to time as well. I love to go rappelling, (the higher the better), go camping, shooting, hiking, almost anything outdoors is cool in the rain, sleet, snow or sunshine. When indoors, I like adventure movies, (mostly military), playing video games, surfing the net, reading, working around the house, etc. My Favorite hobby is photography and since I've went to a digital format, well, I just wish I had more time to work with my software.

I'm a good cook, do my own laundry, iron my shirts, mow my lawn, and try to keep my house clean. I'm not to much into name-brand clothes but I'm as comfortable in Levi's as I am a suit.

With all of this said, I think I've given you a well rounded description of myself but in case I've overlooked something that you feel is important, please let me know.

Thank you very much for visiting my site and I look forward to meeting you. In the meantime, have a great day and God Bless Always.

Harold

If you're interested, just click on his picture at the top of this post and check it out.

No comments: