Thursday, January 06, 2005

Academic Freedom, eh?

Just visited LGF and Charles posted something earlier today which just makes my blood boil:

Dissident Arab Gets the Treatment

This guy is SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD and is a freshman at Foothills College in Los Altos Hills, California. His story deserves to be trumpeted across the Nightly News, but it won't be.

It's a darn good thing that I wasn't standing in that prof's office with Ahmad when he was told he needed psychological treatment... I might've given the good-for-nothing gasbag a dose of MY treatment. People like this are infesting our institutions of higher learning all over this country, and I'm sick of it. Where's the balance? Where does the line get drawn between opinion and badgering and flat-out bullying and threats and brainwashing? If their point of view is so obviously valid, why do they need to resort to strong-arm tactics to further it? Sounds very Soviet-ish, to me.

No comments: