Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Who are you?

The Myers-Briggs personality inventory has been around a while, but it is still a valuable tool to acquire self-knowledge. You can function more effectively in the world if you understand your own personal limitations, strengths, propensities and perceptions. I would recommend that everyone take this online version of the Myers-Briggs instrument. I'd be interested to know what you tested out as, and whether you think it's an accurate picture of who you are...

Temperament Sorter

It does require registration, but it's worth the hassle. When I took the test myself, several years ago, it really opened my eyes to who I was, how I was made, and why I did some of the things I did. It "freed" me up, so to speak, to be who God created me to be -- no more and no less -- without feeling like I was somehow inadequate because I didn't do things exactly like someone else told me I should.

I'm an "ISTP", by the way. Keirsey describes that as an Artisan Crafter, meaning that there are four categories (Rationalists, Idealists, Artisans, Guardians) and four separate permutations under each heading to delineate which type you are in that category. Go check it out sometime.

1 comment:

maggie katzen said...

hmm, I came up with infp, which is really pretty acurate. whee!