Thursday, December 02, 2004

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Today my husband Rick and I have been married for fourteen years. And we still like each other. : ) Don't SEE one another much these days -- perhaps that's WHY we still like each other. heh He works from 4 to midnight, while I teach during the day. Lately he has had to work overtime at the plant on weekends as well, so we really don't see one another much. He takes care of getting the kids ready in the mornings and getting them on the school bus, as well as several neighbor children whose parents have to leave early and need a place to hang until the bus comes. He stays home during the day and cleans house (yay!) and organizes things and takes kids to doctor appointments, etc... and when I get home, he leaves for work and I do all the afternoon/evening things like Awanas, music lessons, homework, baths and bed-time stories. Lately my son reads a bed-time story to ME, which delights my soul. Anyway, back to the topic.

Rick and I keep up with one another via our cell phones (unlimited minutes between our phones), and he reads this blog as well. We even call each other whenever Charles Johnson of LGF posts something new and interesting.

I'm hoping someday that we'll see one another again, but for now it's okay. Our relationship is stable, and when this stage of life is past, we'll resume where we left off.

I love you, Rick. Thanks for the past fourteen years, and I look forward to what God has in store for us in the years to come. Always an adventure, hmm?

2 comments:

Chris Ness said...

It really warms my heart to see that you are happy, even though you are in a tough situation, relationship wise, but it all makes sense when you mention God. He truly works wonders, and the greatest of these are in our relationships with other people, especially the ones closest to us. Congratulations, and God Bless.
Chris

AAA said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Here's to taking a vacation as a present to the both of you'ns...The Texas Hudsons love and miss you. Thanks for putting up a place to find you!