Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Currently on the drawing board...

I'm working on the largest watercolor I've ever attempted; it's using a full sheet of watercolor paper, and it's of a racehorse. No horse in particular, just a generic horse with a jockey. It's a commissioned work for my dad; he wants to give it to his best friend who loves horse racing. I'm pretty close to done with it, and I hope to get quite a bit further with it tonight. I'm a little picky and perfectionistic about my work, so it's a little slow going.

I had to put it on hold while I was working on all those Christmas cards, but now that they're done, I could get back to it. I also just finished a smaller one for Kevin (SirKisser of the wickedly funny parody of SarahK's site, mountaineer musing) and mailed it off yesterday. He's at the North Pole right now, attempting to strike a deal with Santa regarding the high volume of coal headed for his house this Christmas Eve. I owe him a lot of thanks for the time he's put into making this blog look so nice.

No comments: