Tuesday, March 07, 2017

I'm not going to obsess. I'm not going to obsess.

 I visited my neurologist, who was extremely concerned by my condition and ordered a series of MRIs for me. When I had those scans, they called me and said that it *appeared* to indicate severe B12 deficiency. They asked me to come back for some blood tests to determine this.

Yesterday, I received a call from the neurologist's PA -- the blood tests had come back, and they wanted me to come in to discuss the results. My mind reeled a little... I mean, he would totally have told me if it came back as a B12 issue, and he would've told me what they wanted me to do. But he said nothing at all about the results. To me, this reads as "this is something scary and we don't want to drop the bomb over the phone."

Rick reassured me by saying that perhaps it's just too complicated to explain over the phone, which is possible. But of course, Anxiety Girl can leap to the Worst Conclusion in a single bound.


So yeah. I've got to wait all day because my appointment is at 4:30pm. I asked Mom to accompany me; first, because I don't like to have to drive further than home-to-school-and-back because of my issues, and second, because if it actually IS scary news, I do not want to be alone when I get it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm sure Rick is right. Its just too complicated to explain over the phone. I'm praying for you to be able to get through this day... making you wait is terrible. I'm so glad you'll have your mom with you.