Friday, January 02, 2009

A trip to Big-Dee

Actually, I've made quite a few trips to Dallas the past two weeks, and I expect I'll be making a few more before the whole day-treatment debacle is finally finished.

Today, though, I brought the other two kiddos to Dallas with me. My college pal Deb and I planned a meet-up for lunch. To pass the morning, the kids and I went to the Dallas Museum of Art to see the Tutankhamun exhibit.







Afterwards we headed up to the restaurant to meet up with Deb & her daughter Betsy. The kids REALLY hit it off:



As a parting note, though, here's a sculpture I saw today that I absolutely LOVED:


Know what it is? Give up? It's a tanuki, or a Japanese raccoon dog. It is a real creature, but there is a major amount of folklore surrounding this little guy. I'm particularly fond of him, both in his realistic state AND his caricature.

No comments: