Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Resolutions, anyone?

Focus Your New Year's Resolutions on the Little Things That Make You Happier

9. Stop eating lunch at your desk (75% of Americans do), and eat with a friend

This one's hard for me because of the unique schedule I was given at school this year. There really isn't anyone else on lunch break at the same time as me. But I do have a couple of options, and I think this is very good advice for me. I am an introvert by nature and my least-common-denominator is solitude, but it's not always good for me psychologically because I tend to worry and fear if I don't keep in contact with other humans.

4. Sit down as a family for dinner (only 28% of Americans do)

This is one of the recommendations of the day treatment staff, so we've tried to be better at incorporating this into our routine. It's funny; the first day I insisted on it, Martha was full of insults about the idea, but after we'd done it just a couple of days, the day treatment staff told me privately that it was something she had mentioned as enjoying very much. Go figure.


Do y'all have any resolutions, or are you one of those who resolve never to have a resolution?

No comments: