Tuesday, January 31, 2006

We meet again!

Brett from Beat Canvas came over tonight to pick up the painting he bid on and won the other day. I find him to be an incredibly inspiring individual. I wish I didn't feel like such a tongue-tied ninny when he comes over to visit; I can never think of anything to say! I'm much better on paper than I am in person, I have come to understand. Anyway, he is a truly COOL person and I am privileged to know him. I can't wait to see how his new business venture works out... if it does, it could be huge. If it doesn't, well, no harm -- and he will have put forth effort into making a dream happen. There's value in that process, even when it doesn't bear immediate fruit.

But I think this one could potentially be very, very fruitful.

You know what's even cooler about Brett, however, is that he is one of the most encouraging individuals I've ever met. He never sucks up and says things that aren't true to butter you up, but he finds the good and highlights it. He has pointed out the things he likes about my work, which gives me a direction to work toward and a "niche" to carve out more cleanly. He has also given me a couple of fabulous ideas which I'm going to put into action in the coming days.

No comments: