Monday, April 20, 2015

Tonight

Tonight is the Big Scary School Board Meeting in which they choose whose contracts to renew or not renew.

I have piano lessons to give until 7pm, and then I'm going to go home and take one of my precious hoarded Ambien and then pray until I go to sleep.

There are a lot of unpleasant things involved in being a public school teacher, but I think that the year-to-year contract may be the most unpleasant and the scariest. I don't believe teachers should be unionized (no public sector employee should be allowed to unionize). But it would be nice not to live in fear... and I probably wouldn't even be worried except that I have absolutely ZERO trust in the person whose job it is to recommend that I be re-hired.

Whatever happens, I believe I've done my best.

No comments: