Friday, September 24, 2010

Easy peasy

The MRI this morning at Mayhill Diagnostic (Denton Regional Medical Center) went without a hitch. I showed up quite a bit early for my appointment, and it was a good thing I did, because they went ahead and put me through -- and even at that, I got out just in time to head back to school. There would definitely not have been any time to spare if I'd waited until my appointment time to show up.

I probably won't hear any results until next week sometime. I am not anticipating being told anything other than "everything's normal."

On Monday, the GI doc told me he found no evidence of celiac disease on my biopsy results. This is very VERY good news... but I am still going to finish reading my book about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and then begin implementing it. Hopefully I can figure out how to eat in order NOT to have chronic diarrhea, and I think that the SCD holds the best chance for helping me achieve that. Sorry if this is TMI.

I got IV iron infusions twice this week. I should be in good shape for a while. My hematologist will be checking my levels regularly for a while to see if I need any more. I expect that, since I don't have celiac disease, I will probably just have to expect an occasional IV iron infusion -- because the only other reason for my low iron is the fact that part of my small intestine was bypassed in the D-Switch surgery and doesn't absorb iron properly any more.

No comments: