Thursday, March 11, 2010

Being Jane Lynch

Tomorrow's the Big Day... when I find out just exactly who's going to be on the Varsity and JV cheer squads next year. It's TRYOUTS DAY.

[dunh-dunh-DUUUUHNNNN!!!]

I've been mostly wrapped up with cheer stuff this week, in preparation for tomorrow, and also in preparation for Spring Break, which is NEXT WEEK.

Do you KNOW how badly I need this break? I'm currently nursing a nasty spring cold which is coinciding with hormonal issues to produce a particularly crabby demeanor. My patience, and my level of creativity, are at an ebb.

Since tomorrow's TRYOUT DAY, they've gotten a substitute teacher for my classes so I can be involved in all the festivities unhindered by actual class stuff. I usually just show a movie on days when there's a substitute, because it's really difficult for a sub in Art class to maintain equipment and know how things work. Tomorrow I think I'll do Roger Rabbit... it's fun and entertaining, but it's got a major artistry angle because of the skillful combination of animation with live action.

Or maybe I'll run another Miyazaki goodie. I just got Ponyo in the mail the other day. I'm kind-of loathe to run it when I'm not there, though. I want to watch it all day long with the kids! I love Hayao Miyazaki's movies. I think my favorite is probably Princess Mononoke, although Howl's Moving Castle is a close second and sometimes takes over first place when I'm in a certain kind of mood.

Ah-choo. [sniff]

I feel totally and completely crappy. Thank God it's Friday tomorrow and I can wear casual stuff, although this school year hasn't been as uptight with staff dress code as I've experienced in other years or in other places.

Ah-choo. [sniff]

No comments: