Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Anemia?

My cardiologist's nurse just called me with some results from my recent round of testing. I had been having weird heart flopping, so they did some lab work and a stress echocardiogram to see if they could find the reason.

Anyway, she said that my lab results indicate that I'm quite anemic. This doesn't surprise me, really; it's not unusual for people who've had some kinds of bariatric surgery. But they are going to do some extra lab workups on me to pinpoint the exact deficiencies and get me back on track. If I had to guess, it's probably a deficiency in B12 and folate. I'll post when I know more.

In the meantime, I'm much MUCH more concerned about my little daddy. He's really really struggling, healthwise, and needs your prayers. This stem-cell transplant business is a hard one, indeed. They tried to draw off some of the fluid from his abdomen yesterday and couldn't, so he's going back in on Friday and they'll do an ultrasound to try to find the main pocket of fluid. They're also going to do a biopsy on his liver. Please please please pray for him if you're so inclined. I would certainly be grateful, and so would he.

No comments: