Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Best Christmas Dinner Ever


Yep, you read that right. We had TurDucKen for Christmas dinner! This one was also stuffed with wild rice and pecans.


The turkey's skin was coated with a spicy Cajun rub.


It comes completely de-boned except for the two turkey wings. Pop did the carving of the birds after they came out of the roasting pan.


All the meat was incredibly moist and flavorful -- perfection incarnate (pun intended, thank you). My sister and I agreed that it was probably the best holiday meal we ever ate. It was just that good.


Rick loved it.



Brian & Beth loved it.


Martha loved it. Her favorite part of the meal, though? The Hatch jalapeno garlic bread. I was quite fond of that part, too... it was scrumptious.


Granddad loved it.



And Miss Alice loved it, being the meat-eater that she is. After she cleaned her plate, she asked me if she could go back and get more meat. Of course, I told her she could. My baby girl would eat meat for dessert if given the option. And I suppose that's not a bad thing.

No comments: