Friday, October 09, 2009

Something that weighs heavy on my mind

I worry from time to time about various things. One thing that never EVER leaves my mind, however, is the worry that some weirdo predator dude will bother Alice.

Alice is especially vulnerable. Not only is she Asian (which some men just seem to fixate on), she is very tiny AND she is unable to physically resist or even verbally defend herself.

Today I read a pretty decent article outlining some Guidelines for Protecting Special Needs Kids from Predators over at Type-A Mom.
As parents of special needs children, it can be a daunting prospect to keep children safe. No matter how well they are watched, our children are still vulnerable to those that would prey upon them.


I'm probably never going to completely get away from that fear... but it's good to know that I'm not alone in my concern.

No comments: