Sunday, October 25, 2009

Okay, y'all are really gonna think I'm weird, but...


I have found a new favorite snack: Dried Shredded Squid.

Yeah, I know. That sounds really, really weird. I guess from a USA standpoint, it may be. But if you like beef jerky or turkey jerky, this is just "jerky" made from shredded squid. It's got a few seasonings (salt, sugar, MSG -- how can you go wrong with that combo?), but other than that, it's very simple. They also make a hot-n-spicy kind, but I decided to just try the basic one first.

I ordered it from AsianFoodGrocer along with my soba and furikake, just as a lark to give it a try. I am now hooked on this stuff. If you like calamari, shrimp, etc., and you also like beef jerky, you will probably like dried shredded squid. You can also find it on Amazon.

No comments: