Sunday, September 20, 2009

What I saw on a walk in my mom's neighborhood yesterday

Ornamental sweet potato blossoms
Ornamental Hyacinth Bean (thanks to one of my commenters for the correction!)


Texas purple sage (Salvia leucophylla)


Agave americana


Three Giant Swallowtails (Papilio cresphontes) on my mom's lantanas

Eastern tiger swallowtail (Papilio glaucus), also on my mom's lantanas

The butterflies seem to be extremely fond of my mom's abundant lantanas, and it's always a treat to go out into the front yard and see huge butterflies of so many species dancing attendance upon the yellow flowers.

We went to visit with my dad, who's currently undergoing treatment for multiple myeloma. We don't often visit with him right now because we don't want to expose him to any germs, but yesterday everybody seemed healthy -- and we all miss not seeing Pop and spending time with him and with MamaSue.

Get well soon, Pop. We're praying for complete, long-lasting remission.

No comments: