Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I. Love. Hummus.

Instead of buying pre-made hummus and taking a chance, I decided it was ridiculous not to make my own. So here's what I did:

2 cans of garbanzo beans, mostly (but not completely) drained
Several generous tablespoons of tahini paste (yes, Wal-Mart grocery DID have tahini!)
The juice of several Key limes (because I didn't have any lemons and I love Key limes anyway)
Four fat cloves of garlic
Minced parsley
Kosher salt

I dumped all these into the KitchenAid blender, turned it on high, and drizzled EVOO into it until it became smooth and creamy.

Bill Compton probably would not approve of this hummus, since it's very garlicky, but I like it. I like it a LOT. I'd like to have its babies. I'm not sure Bill could keep me away from it -- although Bill's very, very nice to look at, for a dead guy and all.

Yes, this made a pretty hefty batch of hummus, but it keeps in the fridge, and at the rate I consume it, it's probably a good idea to have plenty on hand anyway.

No comments: