Monday, May 18, 2009

Yay! I made it!

I chose to drive my own vehicle down to Arlington instead of riding on the school bus with the senior class, since there was a very good possibility that I would need to leave and come home if my, er, condition warranted. I had been up numerous times during the night, and at three a.m. I had just given up and I went upstairs to sit in the bathtub again for a while. So it didn't look promising.

I was never really what I would call "comfortable," but until about five p.m. I was in a bearable state most of the time. Instead of drifting among all the different groups of students during the day, however, like last year, I spent the day with the other three teachers that went along as chaperones. They're my three best friends from work, so it was a natural thing, and the company was extremely pleasant all day long. And they were all just fine with riding the "big" rides like the Titan and the Batman (my favorite, the rollercoaster that dangles you from above rather than seating you). I would much rather ride the big rides than waste time on the dinky yuck rides that just spin you around and make you sick to your stomach. Plus, you have lots more to brag about when you're done.

At the very end of the day, while waiting around for all the groups to converge again, I became unbearably uncomfortable and excused myself to my vehicle to wait alone. I wanted to stay with them because they were going to be stopping for supper and I didn't want to miss it.

I had a wonderful day despite my physical discomfort, and I'm really glad I didn't decide to stay home.

No comments: