Sunday, May 24, 2009

Prom Night



Last night was the Ballyhoo Prom... I donned my Little Black Dress™ and toted the Nikon D80 up to the venue to consort with the Beautiful People. There were some VERY lovely dresses this year; I am still sorting through all three hundred plus photos and I will come to a conclusion as to whose dress was the winner this year. Then I will ask her permission to post it here.

Until yesterday, I actually didn't have a Little Black Dress™, but I went shopping with my mom and my girls to see if I could find an appropriate one that would work well in a variety of situations. I was tickled to find this one, which on first glance didn't seem like The One, but when I tried it on, it just worked. It actually hasn't got sleeves, but my upper arms are in a terrible state thanks to the weight loss, and I just don't have the heart to make people look at them, so I bought a little knit bolero to top it off. Mom gave me a pair of simple black pumps from her closet to finish the look, and I was all set.

I didn't stay for the duration of the event this year; last year I did, and I was pretty wiped out afterward. But this year I had already taken so many photos by ten-thirty, I decided that was enough and I could head home.

I sure hope all the kids have a safe night and don't end up in a wreck somewhere.

No comments: