Thursday, May 14, 2009

Anxiety


Vent, originally uploaded by gradualdazzle.

This time of year is always particularly stressful and anxiety-ridden for me, since it's coming down to the wire for finishing up everything in the yearbook and cleaning out my classroom and wrapping up all the loose ends for the school year.

I've signed my contract for next year, so that's not really an issue for me. It's just that there's so much to do and I'm having a severe bout of brain fog that simply MUST clear off NOW so I can get something DONE and stop feeling so panicky.

Monday the senior class is taking a day trip to Six Flags, and I get to chaperone and take photos and generally enjoy myself. I'm looking forward to it, obviously, but a part of me is a little freaked at being away from my desk for a day because I won't be able to work on the yearbook. I am grateful, however, for a couple of my yearbook students who have really stepped up to the plate and are helping me tie up everything.

It will all be over in less than a month. Wheee!!

No comments: