Friday, April 24, 2009

Yeah, I know it's late

Once in a while I have nights of gastrointestinal issues and am unable to spend much time in bed. Fortunately they seem to be getting less and less frequent, but tonight's just one of those nights. Meh -- it's still better than yakking up everything I eat every day. I love my new body and I'll accept its quirks graciously.

So to pass a little time, here's a few questions and answers. Feel free to ignore any or all.

  • Love or money? --you want the truth? You'd better have enough of both to cover the hard times. Just sayin'.

  • Which is your most favorite book ever? --Are you kidding? I can't just pick one. I love the Anne of Green Gables books, the Black Stallion books, the Hobbit, the Chronicles of Narnia, Anna Karenina, Harry Potter, and so many more.

  • Which is the one television character that you simply adore? --Deputy Chief Brenda Lee Johnson (from The Closer). She drives me crazy but I love her to pieces.

  • What is your taste in music? --yes, please! Any and all. Seriously.

  • Which is your favorite genre of movies? --probably comedy is best for me. I like action flicks and the occasional thriller, but I generally need intense comic relief more than anything else.

  • What do you do when you are feeling very sad or depressed? --sleep

  • What makes you angry? Do you get angry very soon? How do you overcome your anger? --it takes me a while to become angry, but people lying to me is the quickest way to flash it into life.

  • Which is the best vacation you’ve ever had in your life? --my trip to DC to the Cherry Blossom Festival. I enjoyed our driving trip to Yellowstone a couple of years back, too, but my health wasn't the greatest then and I just wasn't able to enjoy it like I would've liked.

  • If you could have a luncheon with any three people (real or fictitious/ from any time period, dead or alive) , which three people would you choose and why? --hmmm... probably I'd choose Vincent VanGogh, Pablo Picasso and Mozart.

  • Which is your most cherished childhood memory? --I have lots. I was a happy kid with a great childhood. I guess it'd probably be of roaming around our trailer park on my bicycle, drawing pictures of the horse that lived in the nearby pasture... or perhaps of wading the creeks near my grandmother's house, trolling for crawdads and catching water moccasins with my pal Kimmer.

  • If given a complete freedom to start afresh, what profession would you choose and why? --Today? Probably I'd get my M.F.A. from some prestigious art school and become a professional artist. Tomorrow might be different... I might decide to become an art teacher at a rural Texas high school. Oh, wait -- that's what I already DO. :)

  • What is your idea of fun? If given a choice to skip work for a day, how would you spend the entire day? --I'm going to plead the Fifth on this one... I guess I could lie, but I just said a couple of questions back that lying makes me angry, so I suppose it's safer just to tell you that I AIN'T TALKIN', SEE?

  • Which is your favorite time of the day, are you a morning person or a night person? --if allowed, I am a night person, but lately I'm not because I have to get up early to go to work.

  • What is the craziest thing you have ever done? --I'm going to plead the Fifth on this one, too. Any lie I came up with would be hugely lame and not remotely as crazy as some of the things I have done that I could never, EVER tell anyone about. I may write them all down under a nom de plume someday, but not now.

  • In case you and I were going out and we had a fight. How would you try to patch things up? --I'd probably tell jokes until we laughed our way through the argument.

  • If given a choice, which animal would you want to be? Why? --Probably a kittycat, because my kittycat gets to lay around and sleep ALL FREAKIN DAY. Lucky.

  • Who was your first crush? Did you ever tell him/her about your feelings? --I guess the first one I remember was a boy named Kyle Barton in the fourth grade. And no, I wouldn't have ever said anything, because I was a fatty and nobody wanted to go steady with a fatty.

  • Which is your most favorite place in this earth? --someplace warm and sunny and tropical.

  • If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the five things that you would want to survive? --my best friend Cindy... my laptop (with power supply and wi-fi)... an unlimited supply of watercolor paper, paints and brushes... Colin Firth... and a very, very large beach towel. Maybe I should've pled the Fifth on this one, too.

No comments: