Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hacking. Again.

I am so tired of coughing.


Wikipedia: The cough reflex consists of three phases: an inhalation, a forced exhalation against a closed glottis (the complex of the vocal folds), and a violent release of air from the lungs following opening of the glottis, usually accompanied by a distinctive sound.

That distinctive sound? For me, it's this wheezing bark that sounds like tuberculosis.

And nowadays it also triggers a monster headache every single time I do it.

It also means that it's going to be a while before I finally get to see my mom and dad again, since they're both immuno-compromised individuals.

Do you KNOW how tired I am of this winter? I think I've been sick the entire time.

Grrr.

3AM UPDATE: I knew there was a good reason I was hoarding the Vicodin from my surgery and my weird non-root-canal incident... it totally made me quit coughing and get some sleep. Of course, I also woke up the moment it wore off, but I can take another one and go back to sleep here in a minute when it kicks in. If you're concerned, I don't seem to have a problem becoming addicted to it. In fact, I rarely take all of it when it's prescribed to me (obviously, or I wouldn't be hoarding it). And it comes in handy occasionally when I need it, like tonight.

I'm glad I got up, actually. I had forgotten to make a new pitcher of green tea last night because I was pretty absorbed in watching Fringe. I heart Fringe.

No comments: