Monday, July 28, 2008

Progress

I am feeling better and better each day. I'm supposed to be doing a lot of walking, but I'm only doing it in the house because -- hey! It's like, freekin', a HUNDRED AND FIVE DEGREES here right now and I don't think it would be prudent to go for a walk around the block just yet. So sue me.

I still have some surgery-related equipment attached to me that must be removed before I can really start feeling decent again, but that is supposed to happen on Thursday morning.

Wanna know something cool? I can swallow a whole pill and I don't even feel it going through my stomach anymore. Seriously! That's been part of my life for so long I'd forgotten what it felt like NOT to feel them.

Other than pills, though, I'm still on a liquid/puree diet until Wednesday, when I can begin a soft/smushy phase. Don't ask me what the difference is. I think it involves chunks. I'm not terribly concerned; I pretty much don't FEEL like eating very much of anything, liquid or solid. My tummy is still sore. Duh!

The other good news is that on Thursday after I'm finished at the surgeon's office, I get to go to my mom's. My sister's going to be there with Baby Ava and I'll get to really hold her and see her for the first time. Hooray!

Any-hoo, just wanted to let y'all know that I'm still "not dead yet." Although I will make a teeny confession here -- when I was walking the hospital halls, holding onto my IV pole for dear life, I wanted almost nothing more than to shout, "Bring out yer dead!" and I didn't. I figured it was in poor taste at a hospital, no?

I heart Monty Python. Wholly inappropriate for most any occasion, but I heart those guys anyway.

No comments: