Sunday, January 25, 2009

He begins the long, long road back to my good graces

Last night, to begin the attempt to make it up to me, Rick went out and bought an electric blanket for my side of the bed.

It's a small start.

We stopped at the Mexican grocery store after lunch and I picked up a sackful of Bimbuñuelos. For ME.

He said yesterday, "Honest, I just noticed that they were broken and I started nibbling on the crumbs, and one thing led to another!"

Dude can't tell a lie to save his life. Never has been able to. I'm pretty sure there's no DNA coding for deceit in his cellular structure. It's an unfortunate mutation, to be sure; a well-placed prevarication can really help maintain social order and spare many from unnecessary honesty. It's why I now no longer ask him questions like, "Does this make my butt look big?" because he can't NOT tell the truth.

No comments: