Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Always look on the bright side of life [whistle]

Python tune top 'alternative' funeral song
A British survey has named the Monty Python tune Always Look on the Bright Side of Life as the country's top alternative funeral song.

The survey of 764 people, commissioned by the Children's Society, found the song from Monty Python's Life of Brian was the top choice among respondents, with one fifth of those polled saying they would like the ditty played at their funerals, The Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday.


Personally, I want the theme song to "Red Dwarf" played at MY memorial service:

It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere,
I'm all alone, more or less,
Let me fly, far away from here,
Fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun, sun.


I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose,
Drinking fresh mango juice,
Goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes,
Fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun, sun
Fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun, sun.


And when my shell gets cremated, I want it to be divided in two equal parts. The first part is to be transported to Fiji and scattered on a beach there somewhere by my best friend, who will be required to then spend an inordinate amount of time vacationing there.

The other part of my ashes is to be used during the next ice storm to "grit the path." Any true Red Dwarf fan will know exactly what that means.

No comments: