Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day Treatment, day 5

When I went to pick her up this afternoon, I found out that she had earned a Level 1 for the evening... she had used foul language with the staff, among other infractions (!) (imagine that)... but amazingly, she was in a fairly jovial and compliant mood. This, on half her usual dose of anti-psychotic med, tells me that I was right -- that particular med didn't really seem to have much of an effect at all. We won't be starting the Risperdal for another several days, and we have to do the usual tapering-off procedure with the current stuff, but at least for today we had a decent day.

I like decent. I can tolerate decent. Even when she did a couple of inadvertent missteps (forgetting to put away her supper mess, not following directions with regards to her supper choices), she didn't argue or even question the loss of the two points. She just filled out the hourly report in a very matter-of-fact way and went on about her business of going to bed.

Yay.

(very quiet clapping, so as not to ripple the pond)

No comments: