Saturday, November 08, 2008

Re-declaring my allegiances





McGehee was right. And I agreed with him at the time.

And I still do. Even more than I did then. I'm lifting an entire post of his -- but only because it bears MUCH repeating:
All politicians, political commentators, and politically inclined ordinary citizens, would you please be so kind as to leave me alone now?

I don’t mean just until the next campaign. I don’t want to hear from you at all. Ever.

Every time you start in, you manage to overstay your welcome long before anybody has even declared his or her candidacy. And again before the primary campaign has even started. And again before the convention…

You see where this is going?

Since the Constitution and its underlying principles no longer have any meaning, what say we throw it all over for a parliamentary system with all campaigns over and done with in six weeks? Sound good? Yes? No?

Whatever. Just don’t bother me with it anymore.



Y'all all go do whatever it is you're gonna do. Just stay the h*ll off my lawn. Yes, it has weeds and the fence is falling down (literally). It's MINE and I'll fix it myself.

And when you want my vote, you know what you have to do.

UPDATE: Don't think that this means I wish our new president ill. On the contrary, he is MY president too. Terizts --domestic or foreign, I don't care-- had better steer clear. If he fails as president, I want it to be because his ideas are wrong, not because he gets assassinated. Sheesh. Stay the h*ll offa my lawn and stay the h*ll away from my president.

Hmm... McGehee agrees with me on that, too. Kinda scary.

No comments: