Sunday, September 21, 2008

An unusual occurrence

Wendy M. Painter, "Migraine", 16" x 66", 1993

I actually have a headache tonight. A few years ago this was an every-day thing, but I can now say that I do not even remember the last headache I had. I don't know of a particular reason why I'm having a headache tonight, but unless it persists and isn't gone by morning, I probably won't even bother worrying about it. How cool is that?

Just the same, I should probably check my BP. When I was having all those horrible headaches, it turned out that my systolic BP was spiking over 200 and I never even knew it. I have been taking my Lisinopril faithfully, but we dropped the HCTZ a few weeks ago because my BP was going too low.

Likely cause: sleep deprivation. I didn't get as much sleep last night as I should've, and I didn't nap this afternoon because I had to go try to find some pants that won't fall off me at school tomorrow.

It's 10PM now, so I think I'll just go to bed now and see if that helps.

No comments: