Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Oooh, shiny!

Just downloaded Google's new browser, called Chrome. I was pretty excited about it, thinking it was a way to be another step ahead of the haXX0rs and virus-generator creeps.

But I have a problem: I can't install Google's Toolbar (my preferred way of navigating any browser I use) on Chrome!!

Huh?

Why wouldn't Google build its Toolbar right into Chrome? Google's Toolbar is probably the most widely downloaded and used application that Google produces.

When I downloaded Chrome, it automatically imported my Firefox bookmarks. Problem is, I don't really use my Firefox bookmark list. I use my Google Toolbar bookmark list because it's available to me on other computers and other browsers.

[sigh]

C'mon, Google. Let's fix this, k?

Other than that, it seems to be a decent browser -- super-quick response times and not nearly as CPU-hogging as Firefox. I'll keep using it for now, but [ahem] I sure would like to have my Google Toolbar.

Just sayin'.

No comments: