Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just stuff

This is my baby -- Bijou the Wonder Poodle, sweetest lil' doggie EVAR. She's very devoted to her mommy and sleeps under the covers in the crook of my knees.


These next two photos are of some of my absolute favorite old-timey annuals: Four O'Clocks... so named because they don't bloom until after four o'clock in the afternoon. My great-grandma used to have lots of four o'clocks. I was absolutely delighted to discover that there are four o'clocks planted here at my new house. There are fuchsia ones, light pink ones, and yellow ones (although the yellow ones aren't quite opening up just yet).





And planted in profusion: brilliant red-orange cannas:




Over in a corner by the pool: a fig tree! I have no idea if it's fruit-bearing.


I am looking forward to spring so I can find out what other delightful little garden treasures await me.

No comments: