Monday, August 11, 2008

YYYEEEAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!



That yell was for the US men's 4x100 freestyle relay team... who SMASHED the French favorites and DEMOLISHED the world record.

Best Olympic moment to date.




Photo above is of Alain Bernard, smack-talking Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkey Frenchie, when he discovered he'd been PWNED by USA. I found it over at LA Snark.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

No Schadenfreude here, no way. [snicker]

===============

Our internet is REALLY spotty. I can't use the wi-fi at all, and the hard connection is twitchy at best.

===============

How am I feeling? Pretty decent, mostly. I went the entire day today without pain medication. It kind-of still burns a bit, though. And how's this to top it off -- I have a dull throbbing toothache way back in the lower right side of my mouth. I do NOT want to go to the dentist. Yuggh. I first noticed it right after surgery and I figured it was just soreness and scraping from the anesthesia apparatuses. But if it's still around now, it must not just be that. Dangit.

I'm still not really able to sleep on my side, which means it takes me six forevers to fall asleep at night. I lie there on my back, feeling wide awake, even though just five minutes ago I was yawning nonstop in the living room... and I lie there, hearing earworm after earworm run roughshod over my imagination. First it's every one of Bach's Inventions (which aren't exactly soothing in their mathematical precision), then it switches to some obscure song from an animated musical I saw when I was a little kid which keeps re-upping itself. Isn't there something that can pinpoint the precise location where the soundtrack to the original Charlotte's Web movie is stored, so I can have it lasered out of my longterm memory? It's driving me nuts. Debbie Reynolds and Agnes Moorehead did a terrific job and all, but it's time to put it to rest, people.

Okay, I'm going to give the sleeping thing another go. Wish me luck.

No comments: